Heart to Heart Guidelines:
(All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 500 words maximum – 490 words minimum.
- Articles are to be sent in sentence case, not all caps, and with appropriate capitalization. (cities, states, "I" and so on.)
-The Register Guard editors may not always capitalize words or terms for the Divine.
- Please write in first person. (“ I “) Share your own beliefs.
- Please write about your personal experience and conscious relationship with God/Spirit/The Divine and how that relates directly to the topic/theme you have chosen.
- Stay with your own beliefs, however, one short quote from your spiritual teachings can be helpful to support your article and inform and inspire the reader.
- Keep the article to one subject; 500 words cannot do justice to more.
- It is a good idea to have your article reviewed by other people in your faith community, especially if you are including teachings from your tradition.
-Please include a brief description that identifies you and your current membership or position in your local faith community if any. (Such info doesn't count in the 500 words.) We cannot use the tag line to advertise business, but we can mention upcoming events if they are relevant to the theme of the article.
Tag line to each article:
This column is coordinated by Lane Interfaith Alliance (LIA) to offer inspiration, share personal spiritual experiences and bring a deeper understanding of individual faith perspectives. For information on submitting an article, visit www.laneinterfaithalliance.org or call 541-747-3887.
The writer is free to send in any other information, i.e., web-site, phone number, business name, activities or authorship they may have. Such information may be used to assist readers of the column who want more information about the writer or wish to contact them. Contact information will be given out only with express permission of the author.
- You can give your article a title but the RG probably won't use it.
- Please read over some previous articles archived on this website to get a better feel for the kinds of perspectives we offer.
- Expect up to a month or more of editing and scheduling process, although articles pegged to a certain season or holiday will be expedited when necessary.
- Articles are accepted ONLY when they meet the mission statement and guidelines. Not all submissions will be published.
- E-mail your article email@example.com.
-Your article will be sent to the Review Team, who may suggest changes to better clarifiy your intent or to make grammatical corrections. They will confer with you about these changes, and if acceptable to you, then the article will be published in a balanced rotation schedule with other faith traditions.
-At times, the RG editors make other small changes before publication without notification to the review team or to the writer.